Beaufort County Info

South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles

If so, you will need to change your Driver’s License and vehicle registration. To get your Driver’s License you need to provide proper identification, including a document showing your Social Security number. A pay stub usually is sufficient. For your vehicle registration, you will need to pay a personal property tax on the vehicle before it can be registered. Personal property taxes are based on the cost and mileage of the vehicle being registered. Personal taxes are paid at the Government Center (255-2616) located at 539 William Hilton Parkway. A South Carolina Driver’s License is important when you need to show you are a local resident. The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles is located on the mainland at 15 Sheridan Park of Route 278.

Register to Vote

You can also register to vote when you get your South Carolina Driver’s License. Or, stop by the Government Center located at 539 William Hilton Parkway and register to vote.

Taxes – Beaufort County, SC

Apply to the County Assessor’s Office for “full-time resident” status. Full-time residents are subject to a significantly reduced Assessment rate for your real estate taxes. In order to qualify, you must be a resident for one year.B86
County Office Locations:
Hilton Head Office: 539 William Hilton Parkway Telephone: 843-255-2425
Beaufort Office: 100 Ribaut Lane, Telephone: 843-255-2400
Bluffton Office: 4819 Bluffton Parkway, Telephone: 843-757-1500